Saturday, November 2, 2013

Family Time

Today was a great family day.  I got up early to get some yard work done.  Sure, I could have slept in.  But I wanted to have it all.  I wanted to get my yard work done and spend time with the family.  Caz had a state XC meet in Wrentham.  I had been probing him for the last two days, trying to figure out if he wanted Mom and Dad going to his meets and cheering for him in the stands.  It took me a while to crack is guard.  He put up a good layer of indifference.  But I finally got through and could tell that he appreciated the support.
     So Demi and I loaded Gizmo into the car and made the trek to Wrentham.  Sure, it took longer to drive there than it did for him to run the course.  But it was worth it.  He put in a really great effort.  It was also nice to see him with his team.  They are a good bunch of kids.  Seeing them interact is priceless.
     When I got home, I cooked up some dinner for later, during the game.  Coco was in the den, so I could watch college football with him and cook at the same time.  He had been home sick the past few days.  He must have watched 12 hours of college football today, all told.  As soon as I walked through the door, I got a full recap on the games I had missed.  He was really into it.  I think I have created a monster....Good for me....

No comments: