Friday, June 27, 2014

ChinnyTown

We finally built Chinnytown, our version of Mantown.  It's been a while in the making.  We took down the former home of Dragon Fly Daycare.  We gave away the toys.  We packaged up the supplies.  We painted over the Sesame Street characters.  We put in some futons, couches, chairs, and XBOX.  But Chinnytown was still not complete.  Now we are almost there.  Thank you Craigslist!
     I had been searching Craiglist for months.  I searched Foosball tables, pool tables, air hockey tables, poker tables, arcade games, pinball machines, and bumper pool tables.  Finally I found what I had in mind.  A Foosball table.  I am very picky about my Foosball tables.  None of those tables that have pieces that look like soccer players.  I like the generic, almost Rock-The only knock on this table are the handles.  Wooden hexagonal handles.  But those can be replaced.  Especially for short dough.  So I picked this beauty up 5 exits away.
      While in transit I received a response on an Air Hockey table.  This is formerly a $700 heavy duty bar room table.  Done. Tthat is only 10 mins away.  It plays beautifully.
     Now, the trifecta.  I saw an ad yesterday for a yard sale with a poker table.  I did a drive by and it's only up the street at a neighbors the the yard sale already happened.  Demi called to see if it was still available.  They just want it gone and offer it up for free.  Done deal.  And bonus.  It comes with poker chips.  The boys are thrilled.
     Chinnytown is now open for business.  That is all I wanted.  A place the boys can hang out with their friends.  Sure, it means more teenage boys running around.  But at least I know where they are....

No comments: