Saturday, June 28, 2014

Feeling Their Oats

My boys crack me up.  It's time like these that it is fun to be a Dad.  At my brother's place, we were all hanging out for a family BBQ with extended family and friends.  My brother was hosting a double birthday party for their kids but is really more of an excuse to have a summer soiree.  It's an annual event now, and really a great time.
     But I digress.  The boys, my boys, are by far the oldest kids attending.  But they interact with the other kids.  They lead the activities.  The other kids take to them like magnets.  At one point Coco is on all fours with a child on his back, riding him like a horse.  As they run past, Demi says to Coco, "Hey Pony boy, make sure you drink water and stay hydrated."
    Without missing a beat, Coco stands up and responds, "Mom....I'm a Stallion!", smiles and then runs away.  Perfect.
     A bit later I see Caz in the house.  He's leaning up against an arm chair having a conversation.  As I round the corner, I see he's chatting up the babysitter.  The college age babysitter from down the street who watches my nephew and niece, and is helping the crafts station at the party.  Demi had seen Coco coming out of the bathroom after having put water on his hair and was in the act of straightening it out.  My boy was putting out the Vibe on an older woman.  Atta boy!

No comments: