Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day 2014

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there!
   
     This year was a particularly good Father's Day.  I went out on a great day for running, to participate in a local 5K.  It was a new route to me.  It was more challenging than the usual route.  I was back before the oldest child was even awake.  
     The boys were very good.  They went to the beach without kicking and screaming.  They were troopers.  They didn't bug me to leave the whole time.  They interacted with the others.  They played Penny Can with the old man.  They even hid their relief/excitement/eagerness, when I decided to pack it up early.  We went over to my folks afterwards.  We swam in the pool.  We visited with my Dad and my brother's family.  That is all my Dad wants.  He wants all his family together.  He had a great smile going the whole time.
     The boys were very sociable while hanging out on the porch, having dinner next door.  We had a very nice BBQ, followed by the traditional strawberry shortcake.  That dessert is a Father's Day staple.  It is Yaya's favorite.  All went well.

No comments: