Friday, November 14, 2014

The Trials

"Adversity builds character."  Repeat to oneself until it sinks in.  I find myself saying it a lot.  I do it in my head.  But I also say it out loud.  I need to do that.  It's been a long week.  The hits keep coming.  We have no heat in half the upstairs.  The contractor found rot and ants upstairs in the roof.  The faulty ice maker in the freeze was really a leaky hose that Demi discovers had pooled up in the drop ceiling of the basement.  Those things by themselves would be crappy.  But piled up, they are a lot to take.  They pale in comparison with Coco's health issues.  Coco's is priority one.  No dispute.  He has not been to school in weeks.  He seems to be getting worse and not better.  But I refuse to become discourages.  No of this will beat us.  I won't allow it.  We will keep plowing along.  We will get through this.  Better days lay ahead.

No comments: