Sunday, July 17, 2016

Righting the Ship

Today, it is has been a test of wills.  I have spent the day trying to get Coco back on track.  He has had a couple of lousy days in a row now.  My mission today has been to not let the trend continue.
     I got up early to run.  I wanted to make sure I was done before Coco got up (no problem there) and allow enough time to get him ready for his job training.  Yes, Coco will have a part time job soon.   Something to get him out of the house a few days a week.  Yay!.  It took my 90 mins and stretched my patience but I got him there on time.
     It was a 3 hour battle of wills when we got back though.  He thought he could wear me down.  Not  a chance.  I got him fed.  He did his post meal routine.  Then he helped me take the bottles and cans to the redemption center.  I was close to getting him out on the kayak.  Very close.  But no cigar.
     This afternoon won't be much different.  Let's see how it goes.

No comments: