Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Auburn, AL

Caz and I took off for a visit to see Auburn University today.  It was a pretty last minute trip.  We left for Logan airport, as soon as Caz walked in from school.  We didn't hit any traffic, which was a bonus.  We got dinner to bring on the plane in the airport.
     The plane took off and landed in Atlanta on time.  I had worn my Sam Adams shirt and Patriots hat.  I had the New England/Boston colors flying high, while strolling through Atlanta just before the Super Bowl.  I actually caught more flack for wearing my Sam shirt, than my Patriots hat.
     We picked up the rental car without an issue.  The drive was not bad at all.  It was a straight shot at 70 mph.  We gained an hour crossing over into the Central Time Zone.  The car ride was amusing.  Caz played DJ, while he gnawed on beef jerky.  He played a very interesting mix of tunes, Prince, MJ, Metallica, Kansas and Toto.  We had a nice chat on the ride.  He was excited to see Auburn.  He thanked me for booking the trip.  He was very sincere.  Hotel check-in was a breeze.  It actually didn't take long to settle down after traveling.  I was asleep in no time.

No comments: