Saturday, February 4, 2017

War Eagle

Well, the trip to Auburn University is complete.  What a great trip.  I had some great bonding time with Caz.  Caz got a good look at his current number 1 choice.  We ate some great BBQ. Our travel was close to flawless.  OK, we had to wait 40 mins after landing to get a gate.
     Auburn was terrific.  We took the campus tour, which took us up to the Eagle's Nest, 12 stories up, where we could see the entire campus.  We took a out of the dorms in the Quad.  We hit the bookstore for some swag.  We walked over to Toomer's Corner to get lemonade (and an amazing grilled pimento cheese sandwich).  Caz took time to soak it all in.  He actually sat down on the bench by Samford Hall because he wanted to look around to see where he might be spending the next four years of his life.  I told him to sleep on it a couple of nights.  There was no rush to make a choice now.  We still had to hear from NC State, which was the wild card in all this.  But I also told him my story of visiting colleges.  I knew the moment I stepped on Colby's campus that I wanted to go there.  It happens like that sometimes.

No comments: