Saturday, November 24, 2018

Early Morning Departure

Caz and Angie had a 6 am flight back to school.  They also had a tight window to make the shuttle back to Auburn from the airport in Atlanta.  Demi halfheartedly volunteered to get up and drive them to the airport.  I vetoed that.  I got up and let the kids sleep as long as I could.  I gauged traffic but we still had to leave shortly after 3:30 AM.  We had some chatting on the ride in.  More than I expected at that hour.  I was able to get in my last conversation with Caz before sending him down South.  I gave them a hug at the curb and sent them on their way.
     Coming home was even faster.  I toyed with going to the gym but I surprised myself.  Even after gassing up the 4Runner, I went back to bed.  And, I fell asleep.  What a novelty.  It wasn't a great sleep.  But it was better then nothing. I didn't want to fall asleep during Rivalry Weekend.  I had FSU and Auburn in the Iron Bowl, back to back. 
     It is hard sending Caz back to school.  This year was a bit better.  Knowing I would see him is less than month helped.  I can't imagine what it will be like sending them both off next year.  But I will put that off, for when I have to deal with it.

No comments: