Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

It certainly was nice to have the whole family together this year.  This Thanksgiving seemed more traditional.  Family traditions are important.  (I may have mentioned that before:))
     I got up a bit early to go to the gym and to run.  I wanted to get in a workout to offset the gorging to come.  I ran better than I have in months.  That made me very happy.
     I woke the kids up for the Duxbury football game.  Caz was eager to have Angie experience a Duxbury Dragons football game.  She was nervous about the weather.  In fact, we all were.  It was a record day of cold.  We trotted out all the winter gear.  Caz and Angie even wore snow-pants.  The hand-warmers were collected in droves.  I busted out the LLBean Baxter State Parka.  It is the warmest coat they make.  It has pocket for your hands, that go into the down, so I knew my hands would be in great shape.  The wind chill was down to zero.  We all had face shields and sunglasses.  We didn't leave any exposed skin.  At half time, my toes were cold.  I had the smart wool socks and my warm, insulated LLBean rubber shoes.  Those couldn't keep the chill out.  The kids all had blankets but I don't think Coco wrapped his feet.  He was frozen at halftime.
     We met at the warming station, in the Steele building.  I saw the kids head there at halftime.  We had a split vote.  Caz really wanted to stay.  Coco really wanted to go.  Angie put on a good front and voice her desire to say, but I think her head and heart wanted to go.  The Dragons were up 21-0.  They looked like they were rolling.  We eventually decided to cut the game short.  We stopped for breakfast and hot chocolate on the way home.
     Thanksgiving at Lex's was great.  The battle of the turkey's, smoked against baked, was entertaining.  We all ate and ate.  The kids all played in the basement.  We actually had to pull the drinks off the deck before they froze.  We sat by the fire and watched football.  It was a really great get together.  Coco and Caz should have memories from this for all time.  That is all I really want.

No comments: