Sunday, April 26, 2020

Draft 2020

The first ever virtual NFL Draft!  It was certainly different.  The NFL had a captive audience.  This was the first live sporting event in months.  Something to get excited about.  Finally.  I joked about watching every single pick for the first time ever.
     Watching the first round was something I hoped would be a family event.  The boys had a vested interest with players from their colleges.  At least one from each was projected going in the first round.  I knew better to wait for the Patriots pick and for them to make it.  I was confident that Bill would trade out of the first round.  Sure enough, he did.  Coco was eager to watch.  Demi was a good sport.  She hung out with us, while Coco and I discussed and watched each pick.  Unfortunately Caz was not looking to engage.  According to Coco, Caz was playing a video game with friends.  Virtually, of course.  The virus hasn't changed that.  The kids have played online with friends for years. 
     Coco bowed out of night two.  So I watched rounds 2 and 3 on an iPad, silently.  Demi and I watched the new Chris Hemsworth movie on Netflix.  That was a win win. Thor for Demi to watch.  Action movie and draft for me to watch.

No comments: