Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Sunrise

During this stay at home period, I have been trying to get out every morning for a walk, a jog or a run.  I am trying to keep to a work week routine.  I get up at 5:45 am, M-F, to start my outing.  It is still dark.  The first hint of dawn is apparent as I walk out of the basement door.
     I walk out of the basement door to reduce the noise on the main floor, for the rest of the house who still sleeps.  I walk softly and slowly on the rocks, until I get to the wooden walkway.  I do my best to open and close the gate with little clanging of metal on metal.  I hit the driveway and look to the sky.  I choose my route by the light in the sky, the clouds or lack of clouds, the wind and the rain.  If I see a hint of red and orange on the horizon, I will head towards Sunrise Beach.  The morning sunrise is something I have really enjoyed during this period.  The colors in the sky are amazing.  Maybe is the newly cultivate meditation/mindfulness practice.  Maybe it is the new house in the new location.  But I find I appreciate a sunrise a lot more.  I watched the whole sunrise yesterday, from the time the sun first broke the surface of the water on the horizon, until the bottom of the sun cleared the darkness.  Time well spent for sure.  It does wonders for my spirit.  For that brief time, all is right.

No comments: