Friday, May 18, 2007

Boys Will Be Boys

Father and son(s) bonding time is very special. Take the time to do something together. It's a great way to work on your relationship and connect. At the same time, it allows Mom some much needed alone time. Everybody wins.

The boys and I are having Boys Weekend this weekend, while Demi is visiting Nan in NY. The world is our oyster. We can do man stuff: spitting, cursing and scratching, Oh My. We can use power tools. (Well, OK, maybe not power tools) We can eat out of cans. We can pee on trees. Just kidding, Demi.

I took them to see Spiderman 3 tonight. I didn't do my usual pre-screening diligence, but any reservation I had about it's appropriateness were unfounded. It was the previews I had to worry about. The Bourne Ultimatum. Some artsy film about two friends that had different roles in Vietnam. And I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry. The King of Queens paired with Adam Sandler. I have to pull their baseball hats down over their eyes and ear-muff them both.

Whether it's a game of chess, a hike, story time, or 20 questions, I enjoy the alone time with the boys. Having to commute to work an hour each way, and work all day, leaves me with little time during the week to spend with the boys. So when I can sneak in extra time, I consider it a bonus.

No comments: