Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Head Scratcher

Something for the: "What is this world coming to?" category

There are times that really make you wonder what kind of world we are preparing our kids for. I waited years for my season allergy medicine to become over the counter (OTC), instead of prescription only. I only need it sporadically in the spring and fall. When it went OTC, I would grab a few boxes (15 count/each box) to get me through the season. I just went to stock up for my spring fling and found that the tablets were no longer stocked on the shelves. You had to take a card with a picture of the box, up to the front counter. There you had to supply your driver license, so they could log you into a book where you had to sign your name. I asked if I could get two boxes but was told I could not. The 15 count box put me at my limit of 350 mgs per week.

Yes, some chemist discovered that you could crush up my allergy medicine and make crank or meth, or what ever street drug they concocted with it. The result? I get carded and have to make multiple stops to the store to pick up my seasonal supply. Thank you drug traffickers. Maybe if there was more Nobel Prize money to go around, this stuff wouldn't happen. Like each of the World Wars, the Drug War has just promoted more innovation and invention. Necessity is the mother of invention, right? Aye, ca rumba. Why couldn't’t' they just stick with the Coke can pipes and gravity bongs?

No comments: