Friday, July 13, 2007

The Good with the Bad

A few weeks ago, Lefty said something to me that struck a chord. In a nutshell, he said he had been reading this blog loyally and was waiting for the post where I admitted to screwing up the boys royally. It was all in jest but still, I hope it won't go that far. I will have to read back through my posts to see where I allude to my parental deficiencies and self-doubt. I certainly want to portray a balance and fair view of things. I know I did include an initial disclaimer that I don't claim to be the best Dad and know what I am doing all the time. Far from it. I strive to be a great Dad. That was one of the motivations for starting this blog. I was hoping readers would post questions, suggestions, or comments. Start some real dialogues among Dads and Dads to be. We are all in the same boat. These kid things don't come with instruction manuals. We are all learning while we are going. Intense on the job training. Please do leave comments. And I will try to give you the screw ups more often.

Left also said he like seeing his name on the site. So I have him hooked for a while longer......

No comments: