Friday, July 13, 2007

One World

"One world is enough, for all of us"

I noticed that the nightly News became more depressing by a factor of 1,000 after I became a Dad. I can't make it through one segment, commercial to commercial, without shaking my head in disgust. Your perspective on things change. It's hard to imagine you brought a child into the world, with the state the world is in. And there always seems to be a story about a crime involving a child. It makes me worry about the world they will grow up in. Watching these new stories places fear into you.

I always thought about the future while I was growing up, while I went through school, and while I went through college. I never dreaded it though. Even when I didn't have much money, I didn't worry. Or when I was single, with not much in the way of a prospective wife, I was not concerned. I mean, OK, maybe that is a bad example. I was blessed with the Vibe, that no mortal woman can resist (right Demi?). But you catch my drift.

And now I do have doubt about the future. My fear is for my boys. But it is fear none the less. I just take a page out of Caz'a book, and just look fear in the face. What else can you do?

No comments: