Monday, April 7, 2008

Uranus - It Ain't Just A Planet in the Solar System

"Inter-Planet Janet, she's a galaxy girl."



This is good timing with the Lunar Journal project. It's no secret that my boys make me laugh. This goes in the all time top 5. As a family, we had a discussion about Caz's lunar chart. His teacher had explained some of the constellations that the kids should be able to see this time of year. He told the class to keep going out to look at the sky and see if they could identify the constellations. Well, after dinner, Caz gazed out of the bay window in the living room. Then he went and got his little brother. Excitedly he said, "Come here, you have to see this!" Curious, Coco ran to the window and started peering out at the sky. "What am I looking at?" With a huge smile on his face, Caz pointed at Coco's backside and proudly stated, "Well, I'm looking at Uranus!" After a long delay, I wiped my eyes and calmed down enough to explain it to Coco. "Your........anus........ahh....I get it." It's a classic for a reason.

No comments: