Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Believe it or not, it is equipment hand out day. It is that time of year. Football season is upon us. I think it comes earlier every year. Not that I am complaining. Entirely anyway. The preseason? Man, it's a drag. Caz's team is going to go 4 nights a week until school starts. At least the Might Mites (Coco's team) is only going 2 nights a week. Fortunately, the weather is not the typical hot and humid August, Dog Day atmosphere that you usually see this time of year. I know I will end up eating dinner (as well as the rest of the family, but this is just about me....) late, around 8:30. I have to adjust my work schedule and work early and often. Coaching adds another layer of complexity. But I wouldn't change it.
Coco could not wait to get his equipment. He has been smiling since he got up. He almost tripped going up the steps and into the house, decked out in all his gear, to show Demi. I think he may try to sleep in it tonight. At least he will be well protected if he falls out of bed.

No comments: