Friday, August 15, 2008

Dad's Summer Vacation - Version 1.2

Well, I managed to get the base of my brick BBQ/Smoker down, in between period of rain. I took advantage of the dry afternoons we seem to get so far. It's been a really weird week, in terms of weather, so far. During the rain, I have managed to get our movies in. I gave the boys a choice: Hulk or Space Chimps. They chose the latter, to my dismay. However, to my surprise, it was an enjoyable flick.
I am enjoying spending time with the boys. We are doing little projects with each other, playing games, reading together, and working (chores) together. It's been fun for me. We got their football pads. That was exciting. Coco could not wait to put the whole uniform on. He kept everything on, so Demi could see him when we got home. It was all I could do to keep the two boys from lining up and knocking heads in the front yard. Coco had been waiting all year to get this football pads and play football. I am excited to see how he does. He is so eager. I think my problem will be reigning him in, so he doesn't get to far ahead of himself. Practice for him starts next week, so we will see then.

No comments: