Wednesday, August 6, 2008

GH - Aerosmith

Personally, I have been a big fan of this game. But I have also enjoyed watching the boys take such an interest in this game as well. It has really sparked an interest in them about the music. Admittedly, Aerosmith is one of my all-time favorite bands. The boys and I have had discussions about the band, their local roots, touch on the Toxic Twins era (never to early to talk about drugs and the effects on health and lives), and guitars. The game also includes music by Aerosmith's favorite bands like, the Kinks, Cheap Trick, Run DMC, NY Dolls, Lenny Kravitz, and others. Oddly, there is no Led Zepplin but I assume it was due to licensing issues. I recently read an article about Guitar Hero saving Rock & Roll. I don't know about saving but reviving and interest, yes. I do enjoy the fact that the interest in "classic rock" is surging. I will sound like a bitter grown up adult here (Buddha help me, I just turned into my parents) but most of the tunes on the radio today are crap. I was the happiest kid in the world when the Black Crowes put out a new album. They help sparked a R&R revival back in their hey day. I really get a kick out hearing Coco sing along to each song. Of course I had to explain to him that the line was "sweet emotion" and not "sweet ocean". But you know what? We had a discussion about what emotions were. Another win.

No comments: