Sunday, March 8, 2009

Reading Challenge

Coco is still doing really well with his reading. He is in the Enrichment program at school, as he has really done well with his overall schoolwork, but especially reading. Demi and I just signed him up for the reading challenge at school. By mid-May he needs to complete 12 books (2 age appropriate poetry, 4 non-fiction, 6 fiction). He can either read them himself, read them out loud to a parent, or have a parent read them to him. I am willing to bet that he wants to read them all himself. I am very excited to share this news with him. However, I am struggling with the poetry. I do not want to have to resort to Dr. Suess. Nothing against the Suess-meister but Coco is above that reading level. I bet that Coco finishes this assignment early. Very early. There is a book that I got him on Dr. Martin Luther King that I have been looking forward to having him read. So I am enjoying the non-fiction aspect of this assignment.

No comments: