Friday, July 17, 2009

Magic Tree House

The kids and I started building the requisite childhood tree house this weekend. The kids has picked out a spot with Demi a few weeks ago. Of course it was not where we had discussed even before that, but it will do. If the boys have their way, it will reside in the tree tops of the tallest pines we have. I think it will end up being a comfortable 7 feet off the ground. It will be interesting to see how the project goes with Dad and boys working together. I have a coupon from Coco entitling me to his help on the project. Caz is fired up for it and at an age that he can really help out.
I have to admit that part of me wants to out do the one my dad built for my brother and me. That one was barely 3 feet of the ground. Dad did well though. We used that quite a bit while growing up. But it will be a good benchmark for me. I will have to compare our tree house to pictures from my childhood, when it's done.

No comments: