Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer Hoops

Caz is doing a summer basketball camp this week. I am glad he decided to do it. I remember spending a lot of summers playing basketball and attending basketball camps. This camp is actually run by my old high school basketball coach. He was taken aback that in his 20th year of running the camp, he finally had a child of one of his former players attending camp. It said it made him feel old. That makes two of us. It's an erie coincidence that Caz is scoring well in his evaluations in rebounding and defense, the trademark strengths of his old man. Those areas of the game were my bread and butter. He received a comment that his coach appreciated his energy, especially on defense. Somewhere I am sure there is an evaluation from my old camps that says the same thing.

No comments: