Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cold and Flu Season

The schools are really emphasizing good practices and behaviors for coughing and sneezing. Especially, with the threat and subsequent panic of the swine flu. But you can see it is having an impact. The boys are washing their hands frequently. They are using hand sanitizer, but not over doing it. The boys are coughing into their elbows and/or shoulders. I know they didn't have that tip back in the day. I have been trying to follow suit. I won't go within 20 feet of my newborn niece. I won't even sit in the boys beds when reading to them at night. I think as a family, we have been very successful with not passing germs back and forth. I was sick to begin this week with a head cold. No one else seems to be coming down with. I have been going out of my way to contain my germs to a small area. I would not bring it to work either. I kept to my cube. No fever, so I didn't feel bad going in. I called into meetings all day, even if it was with people a few cubes over. You would hope everyone would be conscious of their surroundings. Kids at least have an excuse. Adults? Oy....

No comments: