Sunday, April 25, 2010

Recuperation

The family is doing well with my recovery period from knee surgery. The boys continue to be great helpers. They are very cordial with my requests. I try to limit them, but sometimes the requests can come at inopportune times for the boys. Their world is what they are doing at that particular time, playing, drawing, reading, XBox, etc. They rank things differently than Demi or I do. I don't want to be a burden either. Being couped up for this long is not easy. Sounds great in theory: movies, reading, and sitting in the sun on the deck. But not being able to the do the little things for myself is frustrating. Just getting a glass of water, when I want it, is not easy right now. But the boys and Demi have been great. The boys are enthusiastic helpers. And in the midst of it all, we were still facing issues with the renovations. The floors have limited access to the main floor twice now while I have had my surgery. I can't say enough about how the family has persevered through it all. I am grateful to all of them. Maybe, just maybe, the hard work put in parenting is showing a bit.

No comments: