Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Day 2010

I am a traditionalist. So of course the DHS game at 10 AM is a part of the plan. The bonus is the Patriots game at 12:30 against Detriot. That is a lot of football. The DHS game was cold. Caz only lasted until halftime. And he was better off than his buddies. All of them (8 or 9 total) were in there Duxbury Pop Warner sweatshirts and windpants, lined up against the fence along the end zone. At least I knew Caz had a long sleeve shirt, another sweatshirt and fleece pants under all his gear. I was pretty layered up but my toes were still cold. My son went the concession stand ordered his own food, paid for it with his own money, and brought back his old man a coffee. In my mind, it was the best cup of joe I have ever had. In reality, it was sh*t in a cup. I told Caz how much I appreciated it but we should probably avoid concession stand coffee in the future.
We had a bunch of family time too. We played Scattegories during the first half of the Pats game. The game was on without sound, of course. It was really funny. The answers that the boys came up with were great. They are old enough now that they can really play.
Dinner was at my brother's new house. The boys were so well behaved. They didn't complain about getting dressed up. Quite opposite actually. They raced to go put on their new clothes. The brought cards and a few books. They were self contained and self sufficient. Demi and I could not ask for more.
It was really a great day. No indigestion. No bloating. Just a relaxed and calm day. Many more to come...

No comments: