Thursday, December 8, 2011

Go Shorty, It's You Birthday

I took today off from work. My birthday was a good excuse to do so. Everyone kept asking me if I had big plans. I kept answering that I was going to sleep late and go from there. That is just what I did. I slept until 9:30 or so. When was the last time I did that?

I took the dog for a hike in the town forest. I had lunch with my niece. I played some XBOX. Then I took Coco to the movies. Caz wasn't interested in the Muppets. Apparently, while I was out, Caz struggled with what present to give me. It bothered him that he didn't have one that was directly from him. He pondered it for a while, shutting out XBOX time. That is quite a feat. I understand the attraction of video games to kids his age. So in relative terms, that is a big deal. I ended up with a coupon book of household chores that I could assign him at any given time: car wash, dishwashing, to name a few. It really is the thought that counts, and the thought is what made it such a great gift.

Luckily, there are no expiration dates.......

No comments: