Saturday, December 10, 2011

Treat Yourself

Every once and a while, it is ok to take a break from the kids. A birthday is as good as an excuse as any. I booked a night out in Boston for Demi and me. We have a nice room at the Seaport Hotel. We each have a massage booked. And we are going to get huge steaks from Morton's Steakhouse. Once we park in the hotel garage, we are self contained. All walking or cabs for each destination. The kids and Gizmo are going to stay with my brother. I may get crazy and get a nap in. The kids will be fine. And the break is good for Mom and Dad.
Some parents just won't take that break. They feel guilty. And don't get me wrong, there is a level of guilt. I felt some booking this weekend. But I was smart enough to ingore it. Take a break. Recharge the batteries. And come back with a better effort. It's ok to do. No matter how old the kids are, you have to take a break now and then.

No comments: