Saturday, May 5, 2012

Anticipation

We had a visit it from the Island this weekend.  Demi' sister came with most of her family.  This time though, she had a new addition.  Her new grandson (via marriage) had requested to come see my boys, while on their recent tour of England, Ireland, and France (Paris).  He had missed them and hadn't seen them since Christmas.
     I will say the visit was better than could be hoped for.  Andy was a delight.  He was well mannered.  He was respectful.  And he was easy.  No special food requests.  No elaborate night time ritual.  And he was so happy playing with my boys.
     I am very proud of my sons.  They spent so much time with Andy.  They taught Andy to play Manhunt.  From what I understand, Andy doesn't spend a lot of time out of doors, so this was all new to him.  There was very little XBOX.  The three of them took out all the action figures and vehicles in the basement, to put up a large scale battle scene.  In their words: "it was epic."
     I felt they earned some treats.  We did chocolate chip pancakes.  We went for ice cream to Dairy Twist.  The small size at that place is redonkulous.  Coco got the winning flavor, Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel.  However, no complaints with my soft serve orange creamsicle with chocolate jimmies.  These are the family moments that I hope they remember later in life.

No comments: