Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Mother's Day, Demi!
     The boys were great.  They were into the holiday.  They both approached me independently to request I take them out so they could get a Mother's Day present.  It was a nice gesture by both of them.
     They helped me with Mother's Day breakfast though.  They set the table on the deck, very nicely.  We made coffee, bacon, and Paleo Pancakes.  Yes.  You read that correctly.  Paleo Pancakes.  These were made of almond four, coconut flour, coconut flakes, banana, milled flax meal, and coconut milk.  They actually tasted fine.  Thicker than your normal pancake. Real maple syrup topped it off.  I made pancakes from scratch for the boys (I was sort of forced to as I was out of Bisquick).  Egg whites for dad.
     The weather was perfect.  It was sunny and warm.  No bugs yet.  Demi came home from spin class to a ready & waiting breakfast.  I think we can file this one under:  Success.

No comments: