Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day

It sort of snuck up on me, this "anniversary".  I probably should have seen the correlation as to why the Discovery Channel was showing all the Seal Team Six and Inside Osama's Compound specials.  I guess it didn't seem like a whole year had passed since that Special Ops mission.  Security in and around Boston was definitely taking precautions, as if the Terror Alert Level had risen.  The commuter train platform had about a dozen paramilitary SWAT-type personnel and 2 K9 units.  Even the lobby of our office building had our rent-a-cops on high alert.
     Of course I couldn't help think back on 9/11.  My family came to the forefront of my thoughts, then and now.  I assume because it's my family that is important to me.  Seems like good theory, right?  OK, I jest a bit. It's how I deal with serious thoughts sometimes.  Most of the time.  I don't think I will ever forget the ride home on the T after the attacks on 9/11.  There was some good camaraderie.  Banter about the information we all had at the time.  But the whole duration of the trip, I just want to get home.  Get to my family.  I know the media whips up these "anniversary" frenzies.  But maybe it's because of the important thoughts they generate.

No comments: