Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Believe

I love all the mottoes that are going around right now.  Boston Strong.  United (NY/Boston).  What I like the best though, is a phrase that existed before the bombings.  Believe in Boston.  Actually, I like the more simplistic - Believe! - the best.
     I was recently asked by my son to write an essay for his school project about something I believe in.  At the time the bombings hadn't happened yet, so I had chosen something else to write about.
     But I believe in Boston.  I believe that Boston will rise stronger than ever.  I believe the country, the rest of the world is with us.  I believe that the perpetrators will be found.  I believe that justice will be served.  More importantly -  I believe we have the capacity to make this world a better place.
     I have seen the good that comes out of these events.  I see people helping other people.  I see people wanting the world to change for the better.  I believe that in order to do so, that we need to act and feel this way, in times that tragic events are not happening. It should not take such a horrific event to induce people to act the way they should.  I believe that can happen.  I believe it will happen.
     I believe that believing is the first step in making something happen.  First, you have to believe.  Then, you do.  When we get enough people believing, then we will see marked improvement.  Believe!  Believe it is possible.  Then make it possible.

No comments: