Friday, April 19, 2013

The Coverage

 The TV coverage of the manhunt was unbelievable today.  I haven't watched this much TV in years.  The closest thing I can think of is watching the coverage of the first Iraq war, while I was in college.
     Actually, my participation started with the radio.   That is where I first got a sense of the chaos going on, and had been going on while I had been sleeping.  I still had to work but the TV was going.  I was not going to miss a thing.
     We had my brother's family over for dinner.  I shut off the TV figuring my niece was too young.  My sister in-law actually asked me to turn the TV on.  My niece was in the other end of the house.  The draw of the news coverage was just too much.
     After the family had gone home, I wondered how much the boys should see.  But they were really interested in what was going on.  It was a good time to talk and explain what was happening and what to expect.  Neither one of the boys looked concerned or bothered.  They were really interested, so we let the TV fly.  It's going to end up one of those moments where you will always remember where you were.  And for this, the boys were with their family.

No comments: