Friday, July 11, 2014

Father/Son II

Tonight it was Coco's night.  Although, as the day started, I really thought it was going to be disaster.  He came home from a sleepover and was a complete basket case.  He was a moody little son of a.....Anyway, he rallied.  His buddy set them a tee time.  He came home a different kid.
     When I finished working, I told him to grab his shoes.  When he looked at me, I told him we were taking Gizmo for a walk on the beach, then grabbing some grub at a new joint.  He almost played the Tired Card but didn't.  We drove out to the beach and he had Gizmo in his arms, head hanging out of the window (Gizmo, not Coco) the whole time.  We walked Gizmo around the beach.  Coco grabbed some little blue plastic bags, just in case.  The sun was out.  It was a comfortable temperature.  It was a perfect night for this.
     Then we drove to the Green Harbor Lobster Pound.  As we did I told him how his grandfather used to buy us lobsters there, all the time growing up.  I think he got a kick out of that.  I let him order a fried shrimp plate.  I got The Best Lobster Roll around.  (That is a story for another time).  I let him get some pink lemonade.  He picked out a spot on a picnic table.  We ate outside as the sun was starting to go down.
     I read to him out on the porch when we got home.  I actually took some time for me too, grabbing a beer and cigar, as I read.  Two nights.  Two fantastic Father/Son nights.

No comments: