Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Patience

I exerted a lot of patience today.  Caz had left the house without completing his task list.  Again.  He left without his phone.  Again.  But instead of flying off the handle, I took it very calmly.
     I called him at his friend's house, knowing his whole crew was there.  Even when he started to answer like a smart alec, I bit my tongue. I explained the things he neglected to do.  He owned up to him.  I told him that my first instinct was to drive over, pull him out of there, and embarrass him in front of his friends.  I told him to be home by 9 and attend to everything on the list, plus some new add-ons (as punishment).
     When he came home early, I thought he was making an attempt to make amends.  And I think he was.  But he kept getting distracted. He still missed things on the list.  We got through the night but it was not easy.  I really wanted to go to bed early, after sleeping poorly last night.  This whole episode kept me up longer than planned.  Better luck tomorrow.

No comments: