Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Patience Runs Out

Tonight was the night.  Caz's luck ran out.  Because my patience ran out.  He left the house without his phone.  Again.  He did leave a note.  So it wasn't too bad.  But when we couldn't get a hold of him, all bets were off.  I came home tired, and had to go back out to get him.  Except when I got to his buddy's house, none of them were there.  My friend, his buddy's dad, told me he had just dropped them at the mall.  Caz had left the neighborhood without asking permission.
     All holy hell broke out when he got home.  Actually, it could have been worse.  I tried, very hard, to curtail any shouting.  Caz started down his list of excuses.  Demi and I were having none of it.  But it was late.  We all needed to go to bed.  Instead of drawing it all out, we let him go to bed.  Go to bed with the expectation of punishment forthcoming.  That might have been worse than the actual punishment.

No comments: