Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015

How does your family spend Valentine's Day?  We decided to have family time....up on the roof.  I knew I had to address the 3 plus feet of snow on the roof of the garage/den.  I crawled up with a shovel.  Next thing I know, Demi and the boys are out there with me.  I was bit nervous about having us all up there.  I kept the boys away from the far edge and close to shallow parts.  With all the snow, it was only a 2 foot drop to the ground from the roof, where they were.  As we got enough snow to cover all our combined body weights off the roof and barely made a dent, I became grateful for the help.  I spent close to 4 hours getting all that snow off.  But we managed to have a great time.  Caz slid from the peak, on his butt, all the way to the front yard.  The novelty wore off for Coco quickly, but he chipped in.  They went sledding with their cousin after, increasing the extended family time.
     Later that night, the boys cooked a holiday dinner with mom.  It was great.  Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, and carrots.  Salad too!  We had a nice dinner as a family.  This stuff is important.  It sets the tone.  I recommend making the time.  It is more than worth it.

No comments: