Sunday, March 8, 2015

Cousins in Arms

My nephew and niece are staying with us this weekend.  It's good to have some quality time with them.  Good for our boys too.  Despite the age gap, they get along extremely well.  The dynamic is amusing.  My niece gravitates to Coco.  My nephew gravitates towards Caz.  I think all 4 of them were looking forward to it.
     I will say that it was nice to have someone excited to see you.  I picked them both up from school/daycare on Friday night.  It was rock star time.  I got amazing greetings.  Going home was fun too.  Coco and Demi came home right about the same time.  Caz had his buddies over.  He was good about it.  He let all the kids hang out a bit with his crew.  He ended up going over another house and spending the night.  But that is fine.  He is at that age that he wants to be with his friends.  It's only natural.
     Coco and I took my nephew out on Saturday.  We spent about 2 hours out in the snow.  It was good to see them both active.  Demi too my niece out for a girls day.  They came home with multicolored nails.  It was quite a rainbow.  It was all a good departure from the norm.  I hope it sets a good tone for everyone.

No comments: