Friday, March 13, 2015

Omens

I should have known that Friday the 13th was a bad sign.  I lost today.  We lost.  But I definitely got crashed.  I don't want to diminish a good week.  We got 3 full days in total.  Well, almost full.  Demi forgot to change her alarm clock for daylight savings.  So Monday got off to a late start.  The bonus there was that Caz got up and to the bus on his own. Left a note and everything.  And now we know he can do it....
     Coco and I had a rough finish to the week.  It was my day.  I was able to spell Demi, to get her off
to the gym and work without having to worry about Coco.  I could not get him off the couch.  I could not get him to school.  I will say that I used every ounce of patience I had.  I never raised my voice.  I was pleasant.  I was logical.  I was tough but fair.  Coco did not have a good time of it.  I practiced some tough love.  I made it uncomfortable for him to stay home.  I took away his electronics.  No TV.  It was like a real sick day.  "Here's your Kindle.  Read."
"I finished my book."
"Start another one"
     Cocon tried to get under my skin.  He rolled on the floor.  He lay on the floor.  He bounced a tennis ball.  He rolled the tennis ball off the base board.  He clanged it louder.  I asked him if he wanted a sandwich for lunch.  I never took the bait.  He tried picking fights.  I changed the subject.  Or I refused to engage.  "I won't be yelled at." or "I won't be spoken to that way."
     Time will tell.  I think it drove home a message.  Don't get too comfortable at home.  You need to be in school.  I don't care about the work.  You just need to be there.  That is the goal.  And we will get there.

No comments: