Sunday, August 9, 2015

Camping 2015

I guess what we did was camping.  It was Schlesinger Family Reunion time.  I talked to the boys.  They were too young to remember why we got together with this side of the family at this time of year.  It had also been quite a few years since our last one.  Their grandfather, who passed 6 months before I met Demi, has a birthday at this time of year.  He would have been 75.  We talk about him quite a bit, so the boys knew exactly what I was talking about.  I think they appreciated the circumstances.
     We were in the Catskills.....I think.  Somewhere close to that in upstate NY.  Both sister in-laws and my Mother in-law have campers.  Two of them are in the same campground, while the third is 6 miles away.  We brought our 6 person tent.  The boys stayed in there on inflatable mattresses (I know, really roughing it...) with their cousin.  I think they had it better to be honest with you.  Demi and I stayed in my Mother in-laws's camper.  Sure, we had an indoor crapper.  But Demi's bed was too short for her.  She couldn't fully stretch out, even diagonally.  Mine was long enough but it was a foot higher off the ground and narrow.  I went to flip sleeping sides and had to perfectly lift off the bed to do an about face or I would either roll off or hit the window shades.  And it was tiled.  I felt like I was going to roll off all night.
     Saturday was great.  We sat around, had coffee & breakfast, then talked.  It was nice but went on a hair too long.  So I finally jumped on the chance to change venues.  I grabbed KanJam and a few other games, then headed towards the pool and field.  Eventually, everyone else arrived.  We had some great matches of KanJam, Ladder Ball, and Volleyball.  We swam in the pool.  All ages represented.  Everyone participated.  Everyone had a blast.  Right on through the pig roast and on to the fire pit.  Chalk up another successful family event.

No comments: