Friday, August 7, 2015

Summer School

Coco finished his officialy summer school program in science.  It was just one class.  His teacher recommended that he brush up on it, based on the time Coco missed this past year.  I really wished it was not online.  I think it would have been good for him to go sit in a classroom.  It would have been tough on Demi and me (mostly Demi, especially after I started my new job), but it would have been worth it.  I do know Coco worked hard at it.  The program was different than billed.  It was a twelve week course that was suppposed to be done in less than 4 weeks.  That was crazy.  There was some technical glitches too.  A lot of work Coco submitted didn't go through.  There was actually a live person grading it, which was interesting.
     Both the boys have quite a bit of summer work.  They both have math packets.  They both need to read a fiction and non-fiction book.  They both have a history book to read.  Isn't this supposed to be summer break?  I really do thinks it is a bit much.  Sure they should be out playing and running around more.  But homework should not be getting in the way of that.  Their brains really do need a rest too.

No comments: