Monday, February 1, 2016

Sleep Apnea

Well, it was a long January.  Coco had a very tough time, once we got back from Rome.  He's been in a lot of pain.  School attendance is way down.  Demi is running around as his personal chauffeur, driving him to school, from school, to doctors offices.....making sure he is where he needs to be.  Oh, and she is still working full time.  I help in the places I can.  It's tough.  I feel like it's not enough.  I don't want to intrude on their routine, but want to give them both a break.
     After some mishandling of information by technicians and administrators, we finally got a call to come see the doctor regarding the results of Coco's sleep study.  It was no shock to me when he was diagnosed with sleep apnea.  His genes were never in his favor.  He is a restless sleeper.  He always has bags under his eyes.  He snore unmercifully.  It's no wonder he can't get out of bed in the AM.  It's way beyond hormones and being a teenager.  I am sure it is the primary factor in many of his ailments.  Now we start down a path to recovery.  I hope....

No comments: