Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The College Search - Round 1

It all started today.  The first college search.  It is another milestone moment.  Caz wanted to see Worcester Polytechnic Institute.  I scheduled us for the informational session with campus tour, since it is February break.  Caz and I got up early and drove to Worcester for the 9 AM start time.  It was a long ride.  The overnight rain had led to some icy conditions in parts where the temperatures dropped.  We traveled a route that was new to be, but I trusted in Waze.  We got there with 10 mins to spare.       The information session lasted an hour.  Caz was listening attentively.  They threw quite a bit of information at us.  It was all helpful.  We both took different things from the session.  Seeing how WPI teaches, it seems like the school is tailor made for Caz.  I know it only the first stop of many.  There is a long way to go. I shouldn't get my hopes up.  But I really hope he gets in there.  He couldn't ask for a better situation.
     The campus tour was very helpful as well.  It was led by an energetic senior. We got to see small (25-30 students), medium (approximately 70 students) and large (200 students max).  They showed us the various types of laboratories, mechanical, chemical, computer, engineering, etc.  We got to see the dorms, cafeterias, and sports complex.  Caz was taken with it all.  The campus is self contained.  It is in Worcester, but the campus is set apart on it's own to a degree.  He seems excited.  I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: