Monday, August 9, 2021

Boys Week in CHS - POSTPONED

 Today was supposed to be Day One of boys week in Charleston.  It was over before it began.  I was just logging into work, when Caz came down to the kitchen.  I thought he was up earlier than normal.  He said he didn't feel great and his ear hurt.  Being prone to ear infections, he decided, on his own, to go to Urgent Care to be checked out.

About an hour and a half after Caz left, he called.  He called from the parking lot.  He tested negative for strep. His ear didn't appear infected.  The other shoe dropped.  He tested positive for COVID.

That information took a moment to process in my brain.  That process felt longer, than it lasted.  Caz is smart.  He called from the parking lot on purpose.  We made a plan.  I clean and disinfected the house.  He came in wearing a mask.  He went to a dedicated bedroom.  I had created a dedicated bathroom for him.  I informed Coco what was going on.  We all hunkered down for the long haul of isolation and quarrantine.

No comments: