Friday, August 13, 2021

Friday the 13th - Boys Week Update

 We seem to have weathered the worst of the storm.  Coco and I both tested negative.  Demi tested negative in MA.  Caz is just bed sore from being restricted in his movement.  The farthest he has traveled is next to his room, to the bathroom.  He didn't really seem to mind but I am sure he was going stir crazy.

Finally, I had been able to grocery shop.  I stocked up the supplies as best I could.  i consulted Caz about what he might need after I left to return to MA.  

I got to spend a lot of quality time with Coco.  Some one on one time, is always appreciated.  Coco was good about it too.  He was willing and got into the spirit of Father/Son bonding time.  Yes, we spent quite a bit of it watching movies or general TV.  However, we had a lot of healthy dialogue too.  We reminisced over highlights and tributes centered on Bobby Bowden.  Coco is an avid student of history in general, but particularly sports history.  We discussed current events.  And we watched some quality entertainment.  I furthered his important (pop) cultural literacy by watching Midnight Run.  What a classic movie.  

We all made the best of the circumstances.  And we realized how lucky we are.  We are still more fortunate that a lot of people during these times.  It is not lost on any of us.

No comments: