Saturday, August 7, 2021

War Eagle Graduation

 Happy Graduation Caz!  Most of what I have to write had been said, written in cards, written in letters and written in journals. This milestone is too momentous to let pass here.  I started this blog as something for you and your brother to read in years to come. It was inspired by you two.  Becoming a father is why I starting writing this.  It is what I had wanted.  It wasn't long after I graduated college, that I knew this is what I wanted.  I didn't want a career to speak of.  Work wasn't going to fulfill my heart.  This is what I knew in my heart of hearts, that I wanted.  And it's been more wonderful than I could have ever dreamed.  

I suspect it is different for you.  You knew what you wanted to go to college for.  You knew you wanted to be an engineer.  I feel like you know where your life is headed.  Work will guide your next path.  And that is great.  That's not to say you won't have a family or be a father.  But you feel about your chose field of study, a calling of sorts.  It will be fun for me to watch what comes.  It will be exciting to see what you do with this degree.  The Sam Ginn College of Engineering at Auburn University.  That is impressive.  That should bring all kinds of exciting opportunities for you.  Seize them when the come.  Of course you have don't that since leaving high school, so I am not sure why I feel I need to tell you that.  

Demi and I are so proud of you.  I suspect Coco is too.  He might even tell you that himself.  :)

No comments: