Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Happy Turkey Day!

I hope you are yours have a good holiday. It is a great American holiday. It is a time for family. I love that we have our family traditions for times like these. Demi has really tried to own this holiday and set out family traditions in motion. Fortunately, that includes a trip to the game for Dad and his boys. The Game. I explained to the boys how lucky they are to live in a state that plays high school football on Thanksgiving. Not many do. Maine has about 4 schools that play on Turkey Day. In MA, all high school play. I loved it growing up. I explained to the boys about the size of the crowds, the holiday, and the last regular season game of the season create a fantastic atmosphere to play. I have great memories of my time playing for the Dragons in the Turkey Bowl. Of course I get to tell them that I was 3 for 4 during my high school career. That always helps. There's nothing like going to the game before sitting down to the holiday feast. It was a great day this year. T-shirt weather. It was supposed to be a miserable day. I was anticipating having to bundle the kids up in foul weather gear. I almost had to put them in shorts. It was a great game, going right down to the wire but the Dragons came up short. But sitting and watching with the boys was the best part and what it was all about. The boys were really into it. We talked strategy, plays, down and distance. And then we headed home. I hope every one's days went just as well.

No comments: