Saturday, November 3, 2007

Halloween Costumes

A hot topic this past Halloween was inappropriate costumes. I have to say, it's hard getting the Itzzaparty fliers in the mail this time of year. While one part of me enjoys picking out what looks better for Demi, the buxom Pirate Wench look or the lusty nurse, the other part of me has to remind myself to hide the mail from the kids. How can you have the adult costumes along side the kids costumes these days? And then on CNN they had a special about companies targeting these kiddie version of the aforementioned adult costumes for young girls anywhere from 10 and up. What parent thinks a 10 year old girl should dress up as a French maid? You would think that is common sense but obviously if the companies are making these and spending advertising dollars, someone is buying them. That probably gave me the biggest Halloween scare of them all. Add that to the list of reasons why I am fortunate to only have boys. I don't know how my friends with daughters are going to make it in this day and age.

No comments: