Saturday, November 3, 2007

World Series Part Deux

The Boston Red Sox did it again. My boys just don't realize how lucky they are. I keep trying to explain to them that I had to wait until my 30's for a World Series Championship and that was on the short end of the spectrum for most of Red Sox Nation. My boys are 6 and 8, and they have now had two Red Sox championships. They are going to get spoiled. Probably just the way I was with the Celtics in the 80's. They have also had 3 Super Bowl Victories. That's far better than what I had. Don't get me wrong, 1986 was a magical year, but we ended up 1 out of 3, with one heart breaker of a World Series and a trouncing of Cinderella, turning back into a pumpkin, by the Shuffling Chicago Bears. At least it seem like some of the kids favorite players will still be around, unlike '04. Schilling is already resigned and a bid has been made to Lowell. Papi, Manny, Youk, Jacoby, Dustin, Varitek....all seem to be safe for now. That is always a hard thing to talk about with the boys. But you know what? These are the "hard" conversations I like talking about with them. I hope I get to revisit it again this February. And the way the Celtics are starting off, maybe June too? Is that too much to hope for?

No comments: