Friday, January 16, 2009

Family Movie Night

All day I thought I would come home and propose a family movie. It was a very long week at work and I could really use the down time. Demi and the kids must have been reading my mind. When I walked through the door, Coco called me, "Dad, come look!" Demi had started a fire in the den. Coco had set up a nest on the floor. Every pillow, blanket, sleeping bag, and comforter, were sprawled out on the floor, in front of the fire. It was the perfect set up and end to the day.

We watched Nim's Island. Our run of good family movies seems to be in tact. It stars a couple of big names, in Clive Owen and Jodi Foster, but it is the young girl (Abigail something or other) and the animals that steal the show. Nim and her animal friends interacted as if they had grown up together. The story was simple and maybe a retread but it was really well done. We watched the deleted scenes and concurred that they were best left out. It would have completely changed the movie. The boys really seemed taken with it. So we will give it 3.5 Chinnies (out of 5).

No comments: